Views:174 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-08-06 Origin:Site
Silicone products are widely used in in daily necessities, sex toys, medical equipment, electronic industries and other fields due to its softness, elasticity, non-toxic and safe property. However, as a newly appeared product, many people still have doubt for this newly arrived. Is it safe? Why should I choose silicone products over plastic ones? Here is the answer for your questions.
1. High temperature resistance: The applicable temperature range for silicone products is -40 to 230 degrees Celsius, and it can be used in microwaves and ovens. Now there are various silicone food containers for sale, including silicone lunch box, silicone bowls and silicone plates.
2. Easy to clean: The silicone products is easy to clean. You can clean it with water, and it can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.
3. Long life: The chemical properties of silica gel are very stable, so it usually have a longer service life than other materials.
4. Soft and comfortable: Thanks to the softness of the silica gel, silicone cake mold and silicone table mat are soft and comfortable enough for children to touch.
5. Various colors: According to the needs of customers, manufacturers can customize personalized styles.
6. Environmentally-friendly and non-toxic: no toxic and harmful substances are generated in the productive process of silicone products.
7. Electrical insulation: Silicone rubber has a very high resistivity, whose resistance can remain stable in a wide temperature and frequency range. At the same time, silica gel has good resistance to high-voltage corona discharge and arc discharge, so it can be made into high-voltage insulators, high-voltage caps for TV sets, and electrical components.
8. Low temperature resistance: Common rubber can be used under -20 degrees to -30 degrees, but silicone products can be used from -60 degrees to -70 degrees. Some specially formulated silicone rubber such as low-temperature sealing rings can even withstand extremely low temperatures.
9. Conductivity: When conductive fillers (such as carbon black) are added, silicone can be conductive and made into keyboard conductive contact points, heating element parts, antistatic parts, high-voltage cable shielding, medical physiotherapy conductive film, etc.
10. Weather resistance: Ordinary rubber is rapidly degraded under the action of ozone generated by corona discharge, while silicone rubber is not affected by ozone, ultraviolet and other weather conditions.
11. Thermal conductivity: When some thermal conductive fillers are added, silicone has good thermal conductivity and can be made into heat sinks, thermally conductive gaskets, photocopiers, fax machine thermal rollers, etc.
12. Radiation resistance: The radiation resistance of silicone rubber containing phenyl groups is greatly improved. It can be made into electrically insulated cables and connectors for nuclear power plants.
1. Silicone products are more expensive than plastic products.
2. It takes longer time for silicone products to mold. Silica gel needs to be cross-linked (or vulcanized) before molding.
3. The waste materials generated in the productve process of silicone products cannot be recycled since silicone products are all vulcanized. So the scraps, and waste materials cannot be re-mixed and used, which also increases the cost of production and is not conducive to environmental protection and sustainable development.